An imbalance of the tear film can create a “cycle of Dry Eye symptoms”, including ocular surface inflammation, that can eventually result in corneal damage3
Key Features & Benefits
Artelac Gel Tears & NighttimeGel are proven to significantly improve tear film break-up time and symptoms, including burning, stinging, itchiness and ocular surface inflammation4,5,6. They contain:
Lipids to support the lipid tear film layer and seal in and moisture1
Sterile water to support the aqueous layer1
- Carbomer to help bind moisture in the mucin layer2
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Your optometrist will advise you whether this product is suitable for you. If symptoms persist see your optometrist.
1. Heiligenhaus A, et al. Therapy of dry eye disorders (in German). Klin. Monatsbl Augenheilkd. 1994; 204:162-168.
2. Mastromarino A, et al. The effect of medium chain triglycerides-containing tear substitute on the dynamics of lipid layer interference patterns (DLIP) in dry eye patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:E-Abstract 2043
3. 2007 Report of the International Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS). Ocul Surf. 2007; 5 (2):65-204.
4. Sullivan LJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of 0.3% carbomer gel compared to placebo in patients with moderate-to-severe dry eye syndrome. Ophthalmology.1997;104:1402-1408.
5. Kaercher T, et al. Use of a lipid containing tear substitute in patients with ectodermal dysplasia. Spektrum der Augenheilkunde. 2004;18:146-152.
6. Data on file (Liposic® clinicals), Bausch & Lomb Inc.